Frequently Asked Questions

Will I be taught online or face-to-face? 

We are planning to use a blended learning approach to our teaching in the first term (September to December). The delivery of all our courses will continue to be within the guidance and regulations issued by Government and Public Health Wales. Although we cannot confirm precisely what these may be in September 2021, we are planning to continue our approach to a blended model of delivery which ensures the safety of our students and staff, and looking forward to the easing of restrictions. 

As appropriate, learning on campus will be prioritised for:

  • Face-to-face activities that cannot be delivered online, or that are the most challenging to deliver online.
  • Teaching activities that maximise learning when delivered face-to-face.
  • Performance activity that requires the larger spaces and involve final year undergraduates and postgraduate students.
  • Other learning on campus will be supported as the easing of restrictions continue.

How Clean is Campus?  

We aim to achieve the best possible cleaning standards with night time cleaning and day time janitorial services. We have recently increased focus on toilets/washrooms, replenishment of soap and paper towels and cleaning of touch points such as door handles and lift call buttons. Antibacterial spray is also available throughout campus.

What is the current move in date for the College’s Halls Of Residence?   

Contracts commence on the Wednesday before the academic year commences (15 September this year). It is sometimes possible to move in earlier and pay the additional daily rate, you would need to contact Unite students regarding this directly.  

Will there be fewer people accepted into Halls due to social distancing? 

Social distancing considerations will not reduce the number of students accepted into Halls of Residence. Social distancing adjustments will be guided by Government rules and advice at that time. 

I have a conditional offer. Do I need to send you confirmation of my results? 

If we attached conditions to your offer, we’ll need to see evidence that these conditions have been met.  

Some results will be sent to us directly by UCAS. Information on results that UCAS will send us can be found on the UCAS website.   

Please note that for UCAS to match your results to your application, you will need to ensure you included all exams you are taking in the ‘qualifications pending’ section of your application form.  If you did not include any exams in this section, please contact UCAS to ask about adding them to your application form. 

If the results for the qualification you are studying are not included in the list of those sent to us by UCAS, you’ll need to ensure you send this information us. Please ensure that any result confirmation you send clearly states your full name, the qualification, the date of the award and the result. 

If the qualification documents you are submitting are not in English or Welsh, you must also include an original translation of each document. Each translation must contain: 

  • Confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document. E.g. “I can confirm that this is a true and accurate translation of the original document”.
  • The date of the translation.
  • Full name and original signature of the translator, or of an authorised official of the translation company.

How will additional information be sent to new students?

We will communicate with you using the email address provided on your UCAS application form until your RWCMD email addresses are created in September. If your email address changes from the address provided on your application form, please contact including your UCAS ID and course details in the email.  When you receive your RWCMD email address, this is the email address we will use to contact you for all future communications. 

When do I get my timetable? 

You will receive your timetable when you start College. The College uses an online timetable system called ASIMUT.  You will be able to access this system once you receive a College email address and password (these are usually e-mailed in September prior to the start of term). 

How can I get in touch with other new students before my course starts? 

The Student’s Union and Student Services are currently evaluating which activities can be held during the first few weeks of term. The Students Union normally set up a Freshers Facebook group for new students. You will be notified of your new flat mates in July so that you can keep in touch with fellow students before the academic year commences. Freshers activities take place during the first week of term, they are not held a week prior to the start of term. Further details about the Facebook group and Freshers activities are sent over the summer months. 

When can I get a letter to open a bank account? 

Banks normally require a letter from the College confirming that you a current student registered at the College. We are not able to provide a letter confirming this prior to registration day. Letters can be downloaded and printed from an online system once you have fully completed registration. International Students requiring a letter confirming they have an offer from the College should e-mail their request to 

Is there a particular reading or equipment list that we need for the course and if so when will this be sent out? 

Some courses will have recommended reading and equipment lists but not all. Details of any equipment lists will be posted in the Course Information area, please make sure you check for updates.

Who do I contact if I have additional support needs?   

Please contact in the first instance. You can find general information on the support available to students on the Student Services page of the website and the Pre-Student Portal

How quickly will new students be able to register with a doctor?   

Once you have a confirmed address in Cardiff you will be able to register, although most surgeries will require you to attend in person. The nearest surgery to the Halls of Residence is less than a five-minute walk and the surgery usually visit the halls site during the first week of term.   

When can I get a council tax exemption certificate? 

You can download and print a council tax exemption certificate yourself once you have fully completed all registration requirements. Council tax exemption certificates are not available prior to registration. We recommend that you make arrangements to register with a GP practice in Cardiff as soon as possible after you arrive.

How to Register with a Doctor (GP):

Visit Campus Doctor to register: 

  • If you will be living in Halls of Residence: Click on the above link and use the drop-down box, which will allow you to search by Student Accommodation; choose Severn Point. You will then be presented with a list of GP Practices in your area. Choose one and follow the online registration process.
  • If you will be living in private accommodation: Use the NHS postcode search at the bottom of the web page, choose a GP surgery in your area, and follow the online registration process.

International Students

When will international students be receiving CAS numbers for visa applications? 

We have been sending out draft CAS statements for you to check your details are correct, and we will issue your final CAS to support your visa application as soon as we are able to.  

If you have not already done so, please send us your passport, IELTS, academic qualifications and pay the deposit. We will not be able to issue your CAS until we have received all of these. If you are not sure which documents you need to send us, please e-mail us at and we will advise further.  

If you need to provide proof of your English language level, please refer to our English language requirements page.  

We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with the visa requirements for study in the UK. Information and advice can be found on the UK Visa & Immigration website and the University of South Wales (USW) website (RWCMD is a part of the USW group).  Please pay particular attention to the financial considerations, specific guidance for Students Route applicants can be found on the UK Government website.

Are there any issues/concerns for international students who will be flying in?  

Before you travel you need to check that you have the latest information and have ensured that you have undertaken all the necessary steps for your journey. 

There are likely to still be travel restrictions in place that restrict the mobility of students, especially those travelling from outside the UK and Ireland. The rules for travel will depend on whether the country you are travelling from is on the Green, Amber or Red list.

Remember England and Wales have different lists, and you need to check the list for the country you are travelling to.  

Where can I find information on the travel restrictions in place?

Details on current restrictions and isolation requirements for each list can be found on the:

Welsh Government Website

UK Government website

University of South Wales (USW) International Student and Immigration Advice pages

We also recommend that international students register to join the Welcome programme USW are running.

You can register your interest for the International Welcome Programme using the form here

When you sign up for the Welcome Programme, you will also receive updates from the IISA team at USW.


UKCISA have produced a useful guide answering some questions relating to UK students impacted by COVID 19.

Where can I find information on Opening a bank account in the UK?

To open a bank account in the UK you will need the below, certain banks may require additional information, so always check with your chosen bank.

– Passport

– Vignette (Visa sticker in your passport)


– RWCMD Student Confirmation letter (please email admissions)

Please be aware that international students wishing to open a bank account in the UK will need to do so in person, please keep this in mind when making travel arrangements and make sure that you have sufficient funds available to you for any period or isolation you may need to have on arrival.

You may also find the information here useful:

Music Specific Questions and Answers

Who will be my Principal Study Tutor? 

You’ll be matched with a tutor after careful consideration by your Head of Study, who will base their assessment of your individual needs on your audition or interview.  

If you have a strong preference for a particular tutor, you should make this known to the Head of Study for your department. If you do not have the contact details for your Head of Study, please send an email to and we will put you in touch with your Head of Study. The final decision will be made by your Head of Study and you’ll find out who will be teaching you when term begins. 

Will Orchestras and Bands be affected? 

RWCMD Orchestras and large ensembles will recommence in our autumn term in accordance with current Welsh Government and University guidelines for safe distancing. Chamber music programs will be running, and links with Welsh National Opera (WNO) & BBC National Orchestra OF Wales (BBC NOW) will continue to ensure that our processes and procedures are in line with the profession.  

Will visiting artist recitals, masterclasses and similar activities still be able to take place during the autumn term? 

Recitals and masterclasses with visiting artists will continue to take place in a blended manner, with combined in-person and online delivery according to room capacities and safe guidelines.

What will be happening for the Jazz students’ Jazz time concert?  

Amser Jazz Time has moved successfully to a streamed platform; where students perform from the Carne foyer at RWCMD to a streamed audience and this is likely to continue for the Autumn Term.  We intend to bring back live audiences as soon as we believe it is safe to do so, in line with Welsh Government, University and professional industry guidance. 

Will there be an opportunity for consultation lessons online? 

It is sometimes possible to arrange a consultation lesson with an instrumental or vocal tutor for students to our Music courses. Please send an email to with the tutor you would be interested in having a lesson with, and we will put you in touch with them so that you can arrange a lesson via Zoom at a mutually convenient time. Consultation lessons cost £64 for an hour lesson and £32 for half hour lessons.

Cwestiynnau Cyffredin

A fyddaf yn cael fy addysgu ar-lein neu wyneb yn wyneb? 

Ein bwriad yw defnyddio dull dysgu cyfunol ar gyfer ein haddysgu yn y tymor cyntaf (Medi – Rhagfyr). Bydd darpariaeth ein holl gyrsiau yn parhau i fod o fewn y canllawiau a’r rheoliadau a gyhoeddir gan Lywodraeth Cymru ac Iechyd Cyhoeddus Cymru. Er na allwn gadarnhau beth yn union fydd y rhain ym mis Medi 2021, bwriadwn barhau â’n dull cyfunol o ddarpariaeth sy’n sicrhau diogelwch ein myfyrwyr a staff, ac rydym yn edrych ymlaen at i’r cyfyngiadau gael eu llacio.

 Fel sy’n briodol, blaenoriaethir y dysgu ar y campws ar gyfer:

  • gweithgareddau wyneb yn wyneb na ellir eu darparu ar-lein, neu sydd fwyaf heriol i’w darparu ar-lein
  • gweithgareddau addysgu sy’n rhoi’r budd mwyaf i’r dysgu pan y’u darperir wyneb yn wyneb
  • gweithgaredd perfformio sydd angen llawer o le ac yn cynnwys myfyrwyr gradd yn eu blwyddyn olaf a myfyrwyr ôl-radd
  • cefnogir mathau eraill o ddysgu ar y campws wrth i’r cyfyngiadau barhau i gael eu llacio

Pa mor Lân yw’r Campws?

Ein nod yw sicrhau’r safonau gorau posibl o lendid gyda glanhau dros nos a gwasanaethau glanhau yn ystod y dydd. Yn ddiweddar rydym wedi canolbwyntio mwy ar doiledau/ystafelloedd ymolchi, wedi adnewyddu’r stoc o sebon a thywelion papur a glanhau mannau cyffwrdd megis dolenni drysau a botymau galw lifft. Mae Hylif Diheintio Dwylo, Cadachau a Chwistrellwyr Gwrthfacterol hefyd ar gael drwy’r Campws i gyd.

Beth yw’r dyddiad ar hyn o bryd ar gyfer symud i mewn i Neuaddau Preswyl y Coleg?

Mae contractau’n dechrau ar y dydd Mercher cyn dechrau’r flwyddyn academaidd (15 Medi eleni). Weithiau fe fydd hi’n bosibl symud i mewn yn gynharach a thalu’r gyfradd ddyddiol ychwanegol, bydd angen i chi gysylltu ag Unite Students yn uniongyrchol ynglŷn â hyn.

A fydd llai o bobl yn cael eu derbyn i’r Neuaddau oherwydd rheolau cadw pellter cymdeithasol? 

Ni fydd ystyriaethau cadw pellter cymdeithasol yn lleihau nifer y myfyrwyr a dderbynnir i Neuaddau Preswyl. Dylanwadir ar addasiadau pellter cymdeithasol gan reolau a chyngor Llywodraeth Cymru ar y pryd.

Mae gen i gynnig amodol. A oes angen i mi anfon cadarnhad o fy nghanlyniadau atoch? 

Os ydym wedi gosod amodau gyda’ch cynnig, bydd angen i ni weld tystiolaeth bod yr amodau hyn wedi cael eu bodloni.

Bydd UCAS yn anfon rhai canlyniadau atom yn uniongyrchol. Mae gwybodaeth am y canlyniadau y bydd UCAS yn eu hanfon atom i’w chael ar wefan UCAS.

Sylwer, er mwyn i UCAS gyfateb eich canlyniadau i’ch cais, bydd angen i chi sicrhau eich bod wedi cynnwys yr holl arholiadau rydych yn eu cymryd yn adran ‘qualifications pending’ eich ffurflen gais. Os na wnaethoch gynnwys unrhyw arholiadau yn yr adran hon, cysylltwch ag UCAS i ofyn iddynt gael eu hychwanegu at eich ffurflen gais.

Os nad yw canlyniadau’r cymhwyster yr ydych yn ei astudio wedi eu cynnwys yn y rhestr o’r rheini a anfonir atom gan UCAS, bydd angen i chi wneud yn siŵr eich bod yn anfon y wybodaeth hon atom. Cofiwch sicrhau bod unrhyw gadarnhad canlyniad yr ydych yn ei anfon atom yn datgan yn glir eich enw’n llawn, y cymhwyster, dyddiad y dyfarniad a’r canlyniad. 

Os yw’r dogfennau cymhwyster yr ydych yn eu cyflwyno ddim yn Saesneg na Chymraeg, rhaid i chi hefyd gynnwys cyfieithiad gwreiddiol o bob dogfen. Rhaid i bob cyfieithiad gynnwys:

  • cadarnhad gan y cyfieithydd neu’r cwmni cyfieithu ei fod yn gyfieithiad cywir o’r ddogfen wreiddiol e.e. “Gallaf gadarnhau bod hwn yn gyfieithiad gwir a chywir o’r ddogfen wreiddiol” 
  • dyddiad y cyfieithiad
  • enw llawn a llofnod y cyfieithydd, neu swyddog awdurdodedig y cwmni cyfieithu

Sut fydd gwybodaeth ychwanegol yn cael ei hanfon at fyfyrwyr newydd?

Byddwn yn gohebu â chi gan ddefnyddio’r cyfeiriad e-bost a roddwyd ar eich ffurflen UCAS hyd nes y caiff cyfeiriadau e-bost CBCDC eu creu ym mis Medi. Os yw eich cyfeiriad e-bost yn newid o’r cyfeiriad a roddwyd ar eich ffurflen gais, cysylltwch ag gan gynnwys eich ID UCAS a manylion eich cwrs yn yr e-bost. Pan fyddwch yn derbyn eich cyfeiriad e-bost CBCDC, hwn fydd y cyfeiriad e-bost y byddwn yn ei ddefnyddio i gysylltu â chi ar gyfer pob cyfathrebu yn y dyfodol.

Pryd fyddaf yn derbyn fy amserlen? 

Byddwch yn derbyn eich amserlen pan fyddwch yn dechrau’r Coleg. Mae’r Coleg yn defnyddio system amserlen ar-lein o’r enw ASIMUT. Byddwch yn gallu cael mynediad at y system hon unwaith eich bod yn derbyn cyfeiriad e-bost Coleg a chyfrinair (anfonir y rhain drwy e-bost fel arfer ym mis Medi cyn dechrau’r tymor).

Sut allaf i gysylltu â myfyrwyr newydd eraill cyn bod fy nghwrs yn dechrau?

Mae Undeb y Myfyrwyr a’r Gwasanaethau Myfyrwyr wrthi’n gwerthuso pa weithgareddau y gellir eu cynnal yn ystod wythnosau cyntaf y tymor. Bydd Undeb y Myfyrwyr fel arfer yn creu tudalen Facebook Glasfyfyrwyr ar gyfer myfyrwyr newydd. Fe’ch hysbysir am eich cyd-letywyr yn eich fflat ym mis Mehefin neu fis Gorffennaf fel y gallwch gysylltu â chyd-fyfyrwyr cyn i’r flwyddyn academaidd ddechrau. Cynhelir gweithgareddau Glasfyfyrwyr yn ystod wythnos gyntaf y tymor, ni chânt eu cynnal wythnos cyn dechrau’r tymor. Anfonir rhagor o fanylion am y grŵp Facebook a gweithgareddau’r Glasfyfyrwyr drwy e-bost dros fisoedd yr haf.

Lle allaf i gael llythyr i agor cyfrif banc? 

Fel arfer bydd banciau angen llythyr gan y Coleg yn cadarnhau eich bod yn fyfyriwr cyfredol sydd wedi cofrestru yn y Coleg. Ni allwn ddarparu llythyr yn cadarnhau hyn cyn y diwrnod cofrestru. Gellir lawrlwytho ac argraffu llythyrau o system ar-lein unwaith eich bod wedi cwblhau’r broses cofrestru. Dylai Myfyrwyr Rhyngwladol sydd angen llythyr yn cadarnhau eu bod wedi cael cynnig gan y Coleg e-bostio eu cais at

A oes rhestr benodol o ddeunydd darllen neu offer sydd eu hangen arnom ar gyfer y cwrs a phryd y bydd hon yn cael ei hanfon allan?

Bydd rhestri deunydd darllen ac offer yn cael eu hargymell ar gyfer rhai cyrsiau ond nid pob un. Caiff manylion unrhyw restri o’r fath eu postio ar adran Gwybodaeth Cyrsiau y Porthol Cyn-fyfyrwyr dros y misoedd nesaf, gwnewch yn siŵr eich bod yn gwirio am unrhyw ddiweddariadau.

Beth ddylwn ei wneud os oes gennyf anghenion cymorth ychwanegol?

Cysylltwch â yn y man cyntaf. Mae gwybodaeth gyffredinol ynglŷn â’r cymorth sydd ar gael i fyfyrwyr i’w chael ar dudalen Gwasanaethau Myfyrwyr y wefan ac ar y Porthol Cyn-fyfyrwyr

Pa mor gyflym fydd myfyrwyr newydd yn gallu cofrestru â meddyg teulu?

Unwaith bod gennych gyfeiriad wedi’i gadarnhau yng Nghaerdydd gallwch gofrestru, er efallai y bydd rhai meddygfeydd yn gofyn i chi fynychu’n bersonol. Mae’r feddygfa agosaf i’r Neuaddau Preswyl llai na phum munud ar droed i ffwrdd a bydd y feddygfa fel arfer yn ymweld â’r neuaddau yn ystod wythnos gyntaf y tymor. Rydym yn argymell eich bod yn gwneud trefniadau i gofrestru â meddyg teulu yng Nghaerdydd cyn gynted â phosibl wedi i chi gyrraedd.

Sut i Gofrestru â meddyg Teulu:

Ewch i Campus Doctor i gofrestru: 

  • Os byddwch yn byw mewn Neuadd Breswyl: cliciwch ar y ddolen uchod a defnyddiwch y gwymplen i chwilio fesul Llety Myfyrwyr; dewiswch Severn Point. Yna rhoddir rhestr o’r Practisau Meddyg Teulu sydd yn eich ardal. Dewiswch un a dilynwch y broses gofrestru ar-lein.
  • Os byddwch yn byw mewn llety preifat: defnyddiwch y blwch chwilio cod post GIG ar waelod y ddalen we, dewiswch feddygfa meddyg teulu yn eich ardal, a dilynwch y broses gofrestru ar-lein.

Lle allaf i gael tystysgrif eithriad y dreth gyngor? 

Gallwch lawrlwytho ac argraffu tystysgrif eithriad y dreth gyngor eich hun unwaith eich bod wedi cwblhau’r holl ofynion cofrestru. Nid yw tystysgrifau eithriad y dreth gyngor ar gael cyn cofrestru. 

Cwestiynau ac Atebion sy’n Benodol i Gerddoriaeth

Pwy fydd fy Nhiwtor Prif Astudiaeth? 

Cewch eich cyfateb i diwtor yn dilyn ystyriaeth ofalus gan eich Pennaeth Astudiaeth, a fydd yn seilio asesiad o’ch anghenion unigol ar eich clyweliad neu gyfweliad.

Os ydych yn ffafrio un tiwtor yn gryf, dylech roi gwybod i Bennaeth Astudiaeth eich adran. Os nad oes gennych y manylion cyswllt ar gyfer eich Pennaeth Astudiaeth, anfonwch e-bost at a byddwn yn eich rhoi mewn cysylltiad â’ch Pennaeth Astudiaeth. Eich Pennaeth Astudiaeth fydd yn gwneud y penderfyniad terfynol a byddwch yn cael clywed pwy fydd yn eich addysgu pan fydd y tymor yn dechrau. 

A effeithir ar Gerddorfeydd a Bandiau? 

Bydd Cerddorfeydd ac ensembles mawr CBCDC yn ail-gychwyn yn nhymor yr Hydref yn unol â chanllawiau Llywodraeth Cymru a’r Brifysgol ar gyfer cadw pellter diogel. Bydd rhaglenni cerddoriaeth siambr yn cael eu cynnal, a bydd cysylltiadau ag Opera Cenedlaethol Cymru (WNO) a Cherddorfa Genedlaethol Gymreig y BBC (BBC NOW) yn parhau er mwyn sicrhau bod ein prosesau a’n gweithdrefnau yn unol ag arfer cyfredol y proffesiwn.

A fydd datganiadau gan artistiaid ar ymweliad, dosbarthiadau meistr a gweithgareddau tebyg yn dal i gael eu cynnal yn ystod tymor yr Hydref?

Bydd datganiadau a dosbarthiadau meistr gan artistiaid ar ymweliad yn parhau i gael eu cynnal mewn modd cyfunol, gyda chyfuniad o ddarpariaeth wyneb yn wyneb ac ar-lein yn dibynnu ar faint yr ystafelloedd a’r canllawiau diogelwch.

Beth fydd yn digwydd ar gyfer cyngerdd Amser Jazz y myfyrwyr Jazz?

Mae Amser Jazz Time wedi symud yn llwyddiannus i blatfform ffrydio; lle mae myfyrwyr yn perfformio yn neuadd Carne CBCDC a’r perfformiadau’n cael eu ffrydio i gynulleidfa, ac mae’r trefniant hwn yn debygol o barhau ar gyfer tymor yr Hydref. Bwriadwn wahodd cynulleidfaoedd byw cyn gynted â’n bod yn credu ei bod yn ddiogel i wneud hynny, yn unol â chanllawiau Llywodraeth Cymru, y Brifysgol a’r diwydiant proffesiynol.

A fydd cyfle i gael gwers ymgynghorol ar-lein?

Weithiau fe fydd hi’n bosibl trefnu gwers ymgynghorol gyda thiwtor offerynnol neu leisiol ar gyfer myfyrwyr ein cyrsiau Cerddoriaeth. Anfonwch e-bost at gydag enw’r tiwtor y mae gennych ddiddordeb mewn cael gwers gydag ef/hi, a byddwn yn eich rhoi mewn cysylltiad â’r tiwtor fel y gallwch drefnu gwers drwy Zoom ar amser sy’n gyfleus i’r ddau ohonoch. Mae cyrsiau ymgynghori yn costio £64 am wers awr a £32 am wersi hanner awr.